Thursday, November 19, 2015

Artifact Bag Activity with Colleagues

Artifact Bag Activity with Colleagues

     I found everyone in my group's artifact bags to be very creative and interesting. Each group member had a variety of artifacts as well as a variety of people and places the artifacts were about. I liked Dorian's use of a spoon in order to show the silverware the colonists used. I was impressed with Nicole's use of paint with her artifacts, especially with the log cabin which showed the types of houses the New England settlers lived in.  I also liked Emily's old map of North Carolina as a primary source. 
     Overall I thought this was a very fun activity in order to find out more about certain people and places of the past. I was impressed with my colleagues and their creativity with their artifacts. This activity will flourish in the classroom as students will have fun making the bag and finding artifacts. The students can also learn more about history based on their peers different artifact bags. 

No comments:

Post a Comment