Sunday, November 22, 2015

Economics in the Classroom





Learning about Economics in School

In my experience during elementary school there was not too much focus on economics, unfortunately. There were a few projects with money, especially when applicable to math class. We also learned about trade as a part of history between colonists and Native Americans. In high school, economics was much more prevalent when we learned about government spending and taxes. In college I learned about school districts and budgets and trying to cut costs within a school system given a strict budget. 


Learning about Economics from this Project and Peers 

This project helped me realize that there are many different approaches to teaching economics. This website was very informative when it came to suggesting different lessons to teach students ranging from K-5 the various concepts of economics. I had not known before this project the many concepts of economics such as trade, budget, personal finance, exporting, income, and supply and demand. I also did not know the difference between microeconomics and macroeconomics. Thanks to my peers I now understand the many facets of economics and how they can be teachable and broken down for elementary students. 

Here is the link to my slide "Introducing Economics to 5th Graders" 


No comments:

Post a Comment