Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Current Events

Current Events Presentation 

My partner Jennifer and I were the second group to present the current events project and I believe we did it successfully. We chose the NewsELA article "Saving pieces of history, one bullet or belt buckle at a time  which was about a man finding artifacts on an old Civil War battleground. My partner and I found this article to be very interesting and decided to accompany it with a "5 W's" chart. As a form of diagnostic assessment before the article was discussed, we reviewed the 5 W's with the class. The majority of the class knew what all 5 W's were. Then, as part of the lesson, each fieldwork group was to read the article individually and then come up with one Who What Where When Why. They were to then fill this information out on a chart on the PowerPoint. I believe this step was a good way to make the presentation interactive. Overall I think this project was an interesting activity in order to study what is going on in the world today. This activity can be used in a variety of grade levels as currents events are a topic that should always be implemented. 

No comments:

Post a Comment