Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Mock Job Interview

Role Play: Job Interview


I found this mock job interview very helpful in practicing for a real job interview after I leave college. The four administrators (Jen, Matt, Taylor, and Nicole) came prepared with very thought-provoking questions. One of my favorite questions was Nicole's which was "If you could go back and witness any event in history which would you go to see and why." I thought this was a very intriguing question which I was able to answer with "the Boston Tea Party."

I thought that the administrators and my peers took this mock job interview very seriously which helped prepare us for the real world as it even made me nervous at times. I thought the administrators were dressed very professionally and asked important questions for prospective employees. 

When the roles were reversed and we were to ask the administrators questions as if they were the interviewee, I was pleased with the responses. When Matt was asked why he chose to become a teacher I was impressed with his response that teachers are the most influential when it comes to shaping society. 

In the end the administrators picked a student from each group to "hire." Being hired for group three was a good validation that I was perhaps not as nervous as I thought I was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment