Thursday, September 3, 2015

First Blog Post


Today is the fourth day of my junior year of college. Time has gone gone by way too fast but I am looking forward to this year and looking forward to furthering my journey as an education student. 



I found this video very engaging and eye-opening regarding the youth of today and how much technology they use. As a member of the media-driven generation I know that in the future our world will be mostly driven digitally. As a future teacher it is my job to utilize what the students of today are strongest in. If they are spending most of their time on iPads, the computer, and watching TV then as teachers we should use that interest in order to keep them engaged. 

Although this is a media-driven country and students are interested in learning digitally, I am also still someone who believes in pen and paper and the authenticity of reading a physical book. In my future classroom I will make sure that there is a nice balance in order to keep traditions yet embrace the digital age and take advantage of all it has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment