Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Jigsaw Method




Jigsaw Method Reflection


I found that the Jigsaw Method was very effective. Everyone in both the expert groups as well as the base groups did their part and held themselves individually accountable. When each expert reunited in the base group, they were knowledgeable about their topic and were willing to go into depth to explain it to the rest of their group. I liked the Jigsaw method because it allowed for everyone to become experts on a certain topic and yet still learn about everyone else's topic. 

Before this project I had limited to no knowledge of the Tlingit tribe, nor the other three tribes which included the Muscogee, the Lakota, and the Dine. After watching everyone's presentations I found it interesting to compare what I learned about my own tribe to that of the other tribes. My assigned topic was culture, so I found myself mesmerized by the culture of other Native American tribes and comparing and contrasting them. 

This is a very effective project to implement in the classroom because it allows students to practice the skills of working together in groups. It also allows for students to build their research skills which is very important. 


No comments:

Post a Comment