Monday, September 14, 2015

Reflection on Presentation

My First Presentation 



Tuesday I presented in Social Studies methods for the very first time. I wasn't too nervous because I was comfortable with my topic and knew most of the students in my class. I had to present on Glogster which is a multimedia website I had used before in high school. My first choice was Prezi since I had also used that website in school, but it had been taken so I went with Glogster. After my presentation I asked the class if they were familiar with Glogster and none of them said that they were. After my presentation I realized that my high school really was up-to-date on technology and media and I'm grateful that I had knowledge of these various platforms before college. I have used Prezi in presentation here at the Mount and I guess I owe that to my high school. They were always generous with iPads and teaching us how to utilize different media such as Glogster or Prezi. In the classroom I believe Prezi and Glogster will be great tools to use not only for students but to give information rather than a simple Power Point that ma cause them to lose interest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment